These photos show how one small area off of Old Mill Lane in Forest Town has undergone various changes over the years.
In 1900 maps reveal it was just fields. Documents even tell us that barley was grown there in 1910 when the church and vicarage were being built. The land was used unofficially for leisure activities until it was recorded that in 1944 a field at the side of the vicarage was purchased for £550. This became the church recreation field.
In 1967 the church hall was built on the recreational field with many activities taking place there over the next years until it was closed in 2002. Eventually the land was sold and the building demolished. Today there is an estate of bungalows on the land.