This park at Forest Town was originally established as a children’s recreation ground around 1930/31. It became known as Queensway Park around 1955 and the facilities at that time were noted as having a pavilion, bowling green, football pitch and a children’s playground and play area.
Over the years the playground and equipment has seen many changes mainly due to vandalism. Today 2020 a new group ‘Friends of Queensway Park’ has been established who would like to see improvements to the park and pavilion to make it an enjoyable space for everyone to use. They are also interested to learn of peoples memories of the park, the football field, bowling green and pavilion etc. Please add them as comments to this page.