While this photograph is not dated we do know it is before 1970.
The wooden building behind the cenotaph was originally St David’s Mission Church, which after St Albans Church was built in 1911, was used as the parish rooms/church hall. It was demolished in the late 1960’s. The building in the background is St Alban’s Vicarage.
The vicar in the photograph may be Rev. Phillip Walker, if so the photograph would be taken between 1955 – 1964. It was also a time when St Alban’s Church had male choristers.
Look over the heads of the nursing cadets to see a young lady playing the bugle- can anyone name her?