Tutorial - Written
On the home page, go to the log-in panel. Enter your username and password, and then click on the Log in button.
- In place of the log in panel, you should now see a message saying: Hi! What would you like to do?
- Click on the button marked My pages
- You should see a screen with the heading My pages.
- Click on the button marked Add a page at the right of the screen.
Add a title
You should now see a screen headed Add Title.
- Type the title.
- Type the sub-title.
- By default, your name is entered as the author. Edit this if necessary.
- Click on the button marked Next.
You should now see a screen headed Add Words.
- Click inside the text entry box.
- Type or copy-and-paste the text into the text box.
- Notice that you can format the text using the buttons for bold or italic.
- If you want to add a link, first highlight the text you want to link from, then click on the Create link button (it has a picture of the world and a chain on it).
- When you’ve finished, click on the button marked Next.
You should now see a screen headed Add Photos.
- Click the Browse button. A box will appear with the heading Choose file.
- The box is displaying the files on your own computer. Locate the image you want to add to the page.
- Highlight the imageand click on the Open button. The box headed Choose file will disappear.
- Click on the button marked Upload this image. There will be a pause while the photo uploads from your computer to the website. Then a small-scale version of the photo should appear under the heading Photos on this page.
- Click on the photo. You should see a box for entering a caption and a credit.
- Type in the caption.
- Type in the credit.
- Click on the button marked Done.
- The heading Add a new photo should reappear on the left.
- Repeat steps 1-8 if you want to add another photo.
- Click on the button marked Next.
Preview the page
You should now see a screen headed Preview your page. Your new page should appear below this.
- To the right of the heading Preview your page, there are three rectangular graphics. These icons represent different layouts you can choose for the page.
- The left-hand icon should be highlighted in red. This is the layout that you are currently previewing. In this layout, the text and images are side-by-side.
- Click on the middle of the three icons. The layout of your page should change. The pictures are now underneath the text, and are displayed in a bigger size.
- Click on the right-hand icon. The layout of your page should change again. The pictures are still underneath the text, but they are displayed as thumbnails. This is the layout for a ‘picture gallery.
- Click on the left-hand icon to return to the layout for text and images side-by-side.
- Notice that you can go back and alter the words, photos or title of the draft page by clicking on the tabs above the heading Preview your page.
- Click on the button marked Finally, save your work.
Save the page
You should now see a screen headed Save your contribution.
- There are three buttons, marked Save draft for later, Save and submit and Save and continue.
- You would use Save draft for later if you wanted to log back in a few days later and finish working on the page.
- You would use Save and continue if you wanted to save the page and carry on working on it immediately
- Click on the button marked Save and submit. This submits the page for publication, and takes you back to the screen headed My Pages.
You should now be back at the screen headed My Pages.
- Your new page is now listed under the heading Submitted for publication.
- Click on the tab marked Log out. This is near the middle of the screen, just above the heading My Pages.
- A small box will appear asking you to confirm you want to log out. Click on OK. You should return to the home page of the site.